Monday 12 September 2011

The reasons why I wrote fourteen pages for my Writing Sample......

Here are the reasons why I wrote 14 pages for my writing sample:

The reason why I wrote 14 pages for my writing sample, is because writing a two page story would be very boring, as it would be uninteresting, and very short, and it would make the reader a bit let down if they read a two page story and it just ended there. It would have a very short plot, also a beginning, middle and an end, as it would be all squashed into two pages (technically one, because you would use the page of the back of the piece of paper you are using to write your two page story). Also because I didn't choose to do a recount for my writing, so that means I had to make up a story from scratch. And it was very troubling trying to think of an interesting plot,  to include very precise detail, but have to squash it all into two pages. My story needed to be long, because I needed to explain what happened to the characters when they went on their journey, and what was the problem and the solution to their problem. A story on a exotic trip to Mars squashed into two pages! That would be boring!

Those are the reasons why I wrote a fourteen page story.

Oh, and because I used double lines for spelling and grammar checking.

1 comment:

  1. You'll find that as you get older your writing does become more complex. You have learned how to do so much in writing that it seems silly to do a poorly produced short story when you know that you can do better. Sadly however, there will be points in life where the page/word count is strictly enforced and you'll just have to be vicious in hacking your writing down. Editing makes writing better but also can feel like chopping off an arm when you poured yourself into your story.

    ReplyDelete